Terms and Conditions:
1. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by us (“the company”) with you (“the customer”) to the contrary:
- a. These terms and conditions (which supercede any earlier conditions) shall apply to all quotations issued by the company and to any contract arising therefrom and no waiver thereof or variation or addition thereto shall be binding upon the company (subject to clause 1c Below);
- b. These terms and conditions shall override any terms or conditions stipulated or referred to by the customer whether in the order or in any negotiation;
- Variations to these terms and conditions will only be binding upon the company if agreed in writing by the company.
2. Unless withdrawn in the interim, quotations are open for acceptance for the period of 30 days or for the period stated on the quotation from the date of issue. Once the quotation has been accepted (either verbally or in writing) and an appointment made for carrying out of the work, a contract is formed between the company and the customer.
3. For the avoidance of doubt, these terms and conditions shall apply wheresoever the work quoted for is carried out.
4. Unless notified in writing prior to the formation of a contract no article being cleaned, be it carpet, upholstery or other item (“the article”) shall be deemed of greater value than a value assigned to it by an independent valuation agent instructed by the company. If the customer believes that the values of any article being cleaned is of an especially high value, the company must be notified in writing prior to the formation of the contract.
5. Payment of work and services shall be made immediately on completion of the work. Credit may be allowed at the company’s absolute discretion for the period stated on the invoice from the date of completion of the service provided.
6. The company reserve the right to make the following additional charges upon late payment:
- a. A charge of £25.00 if a late payment letter has to be sent to the customer;
- b. interest at the current County Court Judgment rate from the date that the payment was due until the date of payment
7. The company shall perform the service with reasonable skill and care and to a reasonable standard. It cannot, however guarantee that all stains, marks or soiling will be completely removed.
8. The company does not accept responsibility for shrinkage or colour migration arising out of, or as a result of, the cleaning process, or the use of any cleaning agent, unless these arise from a lack of reasonable care and/or skill by the company’s servants or agents.
9. The Company does not accept any responsibility for loss or damage due to defects of whatsoever nature in the article.
10. The company shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform the service due to any circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
11. Where the cleaning process is carried out at the customers own premises, the customer shall be responsible for the removal of all furniture, goods and chattels for the purpose of cleaning. The Company shall accept no liability for any damage caused to furniture, goods or chattels unless damage has occurred as a result of negligence or lack of care on the part of the company’s servants or agents.
12. If any term or provision of these terms and conditions are held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these terms and conditions had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
13. These terms and conditions shall be interpreted by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the partied hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.